- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt, or kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- With a small knife, cut the little stem end out of the tomato, and then, using a serrated knife cut the tomatoes into 1/3 inch slices.
- Slice the mozzarella about 1/4 inch thick.
- Alternate slices of the avocado, the sliced tomato, the fresh mozzarella, and the fresh basil leaves, arranging them like playing cards on individual serving plates.
- Drizzle the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar on top of the avocado, tomato, and mozzarella slices.
- Season lightly with sea salt or kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of www.thespruceeats.com